High-quality gynecological care is an important part of your wellness routine
Regular visits to a gynecologist can help you take control of your health and avoid preventable diseases. Your provider can offer guidance on family planning and screenings for a variety of conditions, including cervical cancer.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends that girls have their first ob-gyn appointment between ages 13 and 15. Your provider can help you understand the changes your body goes through during puberty as well as answer questions you might have.
Once you reach adulthood, your gynecologist can help you learn about safe sex practices and offer guidance on family planning. You can also get wellness services such as breast exams and Pap tests (also known as Pap smears).
Women who are going through or have finished menopause can continue to get screenings for a variety of gynecological conditions. Your provider can also help you decide when you should start getting routine breast cancer screenings.
Our doctors treat a range of conditions for every stage of life, including:
- Painful periods, which can be caused by endometriosis or ovarian cysts
- Irregular periods, which can be caused by polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Heavy bleeding and pelvic pressure, which can be caused by uterine fibroids
- Chronic discomfort in the area around your vagina (vulvodynia)
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Pelvic floor concerns or discomfort
- Inability to control your bladder (urinary incontinence)
- Gynecological cancers, including ovarian and cervical
- Symptoms related to menopause
- Sexual health concerns, such as pain during sex