Expert treatment options for your valve condition
If you have recently been diagnosed with a heart valve condition, such as valvular stenosis, Novant Health has experts ready to help you find a personalized treatment option to get you feeling healthy again. While your Novant Health provider may suggest supervision of your valve condition, other treatment options include medication, valve repair surgery or valve replacement surgery.
While medications will not cure your heart valve condition, they can be successful in treating your symptoms. Types of medications used to treat heart valve disease include:
- Beta-blockers, digoxin and calcium channel blockers to reduce symptoms of heart valve disease by controlling your heart rate and helping to prevent abnormal heart rhythms.
- Blood pressure medications, such as diuretics (medications that remove excess water from the body by increasing urine output) or vasodilators (medications that relax the blood vessels, decreasing the force against which the heart must pump) to ease the work of the heart.
Contact our valve experts to learn more about your treatment options:
Sometimes, surgery is necessary to repair or replace a malfunctioning heart valve. The surgeons at Novant Health are experienced in minimally invasive repair and surgery, avoiding open heart surgery for many patients.
Novant Health offers surgical solutions for problems related to your aortic, mitral or tricuspid valve including:
- Valve replacement surgery
- Valve repair surgery
- Standard and minimally invasive approach
- Transcatheter aortic and mitral valve interventions (TAVR, MitraClip)
- Multi-valve surgery
- Septal defect repair
Learn more about your heart valve condition and heart valve disease.