Convenient care on your
road to recovery
Illness that disrupts your life doesn’t have to be physical. Mental and behavioral health issues can affect your relationships, your job and your family. If you or someone you care about is experiencing these disruptions, our behavioral health professionals are here to help.
In addition to our hospital-based services, we also offer outpatient psychiatric services at many of our physician clinics. These outpatient services are available to patients who have been stabilized but still need comprehensive treatment.
Below is an example of what you can expect when you receive treatment from a psychiatrist with one of our physician clinics.
What happens at my first appointment with a psychiatrist? One of our board-certified psychiatrists will perform a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation that includes your:
- Current medical problems and surgeries
- Comprehensive psychiatric history of previous treatments, medications and hospitalizations
- Family history of psychiatric illnesses
- Substance use history
- Social history of issues regarding work, school and relationships
What happens after my evaluation?
- A diagnosis is commonly established.
- A treatment plan will be established between you and your psychiatrist that may include the use of certain medications.
- Laboratory tests may be obtained to clarify the diagnosis or to rule out medical causes.
- Periodic follow-up appointments are scheduled to monitor your progress.