Our volunteers make a huge difference
You can’t visit Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center without noticing some of our many volunteers who play such vital roles in the daily operations of our hospital.
Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center volunteers provide an invaluable community service that is appreciated by everyone they encounter. The also enjoy camaraderie with others who share the same interest in serving people in a healthcare setting. We hope you’ll consider joining this special group. No experience is necessary.
As a volunteer you’ll help to present the friendly, caring face we’re know for by assisting patients and visitors in many ways, including:
- Greeting patients and visitors and helping them find their way
- Assisting family members by providing emotional support in one of our family waiting rooms
- Transporting patients throughout the hospital
- Providing non-clinical assistance to various departments within the hospital
- Assisting in the hospital gift shop and making welcome deliveries to patient rooms
For more information about joining the volunteer team at Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center, please call
The Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center Auxiliary
The Auxiliary, a special group of volunteers, generates more than $150,000 annually through the gift shop, newborn photography and employee fundraisers. The Auxiliary then pledges donations to departments that request funding support for programs. For more information about the Auxiliary, please call 336-718-5738
Get started now by completing the online Adult/College Volunteer Application. As a new volunteer, you’ll attend an orientation class, complete a health screening and background check and receive training before you begin.