If you or your child is suffering from a skin condition, Novant Health Winston-Salem Health Care Dermatology is here to help. Our providers treat patients of all ages, for everything from minor skin rashes to chronic skin problems to skin cancers. We also treat conditions of the hair, skin and mucous membranes (such as the inside of the mouth, nose and eyelids). We combine our years of experience with advanced diagnostic tools to diagnose your concern, and then work with you to determine the best course of treatment for you.
Our providers regularly diagnose and treat conditions including:
- Psoriasis (an autoimmune disease that causes itchy, dry skin patches)
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis; a condition marked by patches of inflamed, itchy, red or cracked skin)
- Acne (a condition where hair follicles become plugged with oil or dead skin, often resulting in blackheads, whiteheads or pimples)
- Warts (small, hard or rough bumps on the skin caused by the human papillomavirus)
- Rosacea (a condition that causes redness or pimples on the face)
- Fungal infections (including athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm and yeast infections)
- Cysts (a bump filled with a liquid or semi-solid substance that can cause pain)
- Hair loss
- Skin cancer (melanoma)
Our providers also regularly complete skin cancer screenings to evaluate skin discolorations, moles or other growth to determine if there is a concern of melanoma or other skin cancer.
Should you need surgical removal of skin cancer or a cyst, many of those procedures can be completed in our office.