Novant Health OB/GYN Urgent Care – Carmel is here to help you with gynecologic and obstetric problems that need to be treated right away but are not life-threatening. We specialize in assessing and treating acute symptoms, such as severe and sudden pain or bleeding, when your primary ob-gyn is not available. Should you need follow-up care, our team will ensure your primary ob-gyn has a record of your visit with us, so any further treatment you need can continue without interruption.
Gynecologic concerns we regularly address include:
- Pelvic pain
- Abnormally heavy bleeding
- Pain, itching, burning, or vaginal discharge
- Bladder infections (infections of the urinary system that cause pain)
- Minor injuries of the vagina (gynecologic trauma)
- Bartholin gland cysts or abscesses (a blocked gland at the entrance of the vagina causing swelling or pain)
We also offer screenings for sexually transmitted infections, including HIV and AIDS, gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes, and syphilis.
Obstetric concerns we regularly address include:
- Vaginal bleeding during pregnancy (threatened miscarriage)
- Early labor
- Evaluation of pre-term labor and/or if your water has broken
- Questions about the well-being of an unborn baby
- Nausea and vomiting (morning sickness)
- Cold or flu-like symptoms during pregnancy
- High blood pressure concerns during pregnancy
Our clinic is equipped with ultrasound equipment to assure the viability of pregnancy. However, we do not offer routine ultrasound services.
Urgent care versus emergency room
While OB/GYN Urgent Care – Carmel provides exceptional care, women should go straight to a hospital emergency room if they are seeking care due to a sexual assault.
If you are experiencing life-threatening symptoms, call 911 or have someone take you to a hospital immediately.
Novant Health OB/GYN Urgent Care – Carmel takes walk-in patients but wait times may be significant. If you can, please call ahead or use Hold my Place to help us provide you with the promptest medical care.