Novant Health Cancer Institute – Matthews (Breast Surgery) brings together a team of providers and surgeons dedicated to breast health. They use advanced diagnostic tools to investigate your concerns and determine the best way to address them. Whether your concern is related to cancer, or a benign condition causing pain or discomfort, our providers are here to give you answers quickly, explain your treatment options, and see you through any needed procedures or therapies.
Our services include:
- Breast ultrasounds
- Breast lump removal (including removal of noncancerous lumps; also called lumpectomy)
- Breast biopsies (including excisional biopsies for benign breast disease and sentinel lymph node biopsies)
- Breast conserving surgery
- Mastectomy (breast removal) surgery (including nipple-sparing mastectomy procedures)
- Breast reconstruction (oncoplastic surgery)
- Breast cancer radiation therapy
- Examination of milk ducts (breast duct excision)
- Drainage of breast abscesses (pockets of fluid caused by infections)
Our providers understand the impacts that breast surgery can have on both your body and your mind. We are pleased to offer the Hidden Scar technique for lumpectomy procedures, making scars after lumpectomies close to unnoticeable. We also offer nipple-sparing mastectomies, ultrasound-guided procedures and SAVI SCOUT radar localization breast surgeries, making results as precise as possible.
If you have a family history of breast cancer, or have completed BRCA testing to investigate your future cancer risk, our providers are here to help you understand those results and understand your treatment and prevention options.