Improving quality of life during a serious illness
If you are living with a serious illness, Novant Health offers compassionate inpatient and outpatient palliative care services focused on improving your quality of life. Our highly trained specialists are here to support you and your loved ones navigate your healthcare journey with dignity and compassion.
Palliative care may be offered to you if you are living with a serious illness including:
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Liver failure
- Kidney failure
- Parkinson’s disease
Palliative care services
Our palliative care team meets with you and your loved ones to discuss what is most important to you, understand your spiritual and cultural beliefs, and assess your physical and emotional needs. You’ll receive personalized support as we set goals for your care plan.
Our palliative care services include:
- Helping you understand your illness and what to expect.
- Providing guidance with complex treatment options.
- Providing expert pain and symptom management.
- Assisting you with advance care planning.
- Communicating your personal goals and preferences with your care team.
How to access palliative care services
If you are interested in palliative care services, talk to your provider, or contact us at the following locations:
- Forsyth Medical Center
- Kernersville Medical Center
- Thomasville Medical Center
- Huntersville Medical Center
- Matthews Medical Center
- Mint Hill Medical Center
- Presbyterian Medical Center
- Rowan Medical Center
- Ballantyne Medical Center
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- Brunswick Medical Center
For outpatient palliative care services in Charlotte, call:
- Novant Health Outpatient Palliative Care Clinic