Training & Education
AirLink/VitaLink offers a variety of public outreach and clinical continuing education courses available through our outreach and education teams. If you are interested in training or educational opportunities, please call (910) 667-8520.
Professional medical education
As an approved continuing education provider through the North Carolina office of EMS, our VitaLink team offers continuing medical education courses for prehospital and hospital-based healthcare professionals. Nursing credit is available for a specific course through Novant Health New Hanover Regional Medical Center and South East Area Health Education Center (SEAHEC).
Safety and helicopter operations
- Aircraft Landing Zone Course (2-3 hour course with helicopter)
- Managing Morbidly Obese Patients
- Crew Resource Management: A Ground EMS Perspective
- Streamlining Helicopter Transports (appropriate utilization)
Airway and breathing
- Difficult Airway Management Workshop (6 hour hands-on program)
- Utilization of CPAP
- Reacting to the Lost Advanced Airway
- Implementing a “Time Out” During Intubatino
- STEMI Academy (7-hour program)
- STEMI Imposters
- Heart Failure
- Pathophysiology of Common Cardiac Diseases
- Pediatric Assessment
- Pediatric Respiratory Distress
- The Apparent Life Threatening Event (ALTE)
- Case Studies in Rural Trauma
- Unstable Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Pediatric Spine Injury
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support®
- Cold Emergencies
- Trauma Nursing Core Course®
- Acute Ischemic Stroke Care
- Use of the MEND Exam and RACE Score
- Neurosurgical Emergencies
- Advanced Stroke Life Support®
- Complications from Chronic Kidney Disease
- Recognizing & Managing Sepsis and Septic Shock
- Prehospital Antibiotic Administration
Landing zone classes
AirLink/VitaLink enjoys providing our regional partners (fire and EMS) with our online landing zone class. We will send a crew member to you at time of class initiation to give the providers a one-hour informative landing zone presentation with a question and answer session at the end.
We will then go out to the landing zone, do a quick look around and request our aircraft through our communications center. After this call, we will then set up the landing zone and again go through the safety aspects. Once the aircraft lands and the crew disembarks, they will come over and begin the aircraft session.
AirLink/VitaLink will also help with public events. We can provide any level of transportation from aircraft to CCT unit as well as BLS/ILS unit.
If you are interested in having an LZ or would like us to attend a public event, please call us and we can work together to set it up.
Are you curious about learning more of what a day is like as a critical care transport provider, or are you considering a career in critical care transport?
Reach out to us about our ride along program. We offer 12-hour shifts on one of our ambulances or helicopters for anyone engaged in emergency public services and hospital-based patient care. Weight restrictions apply for AirLink ride along experiences.
Public education and safety training
AirLink/VitaLink is pleased to participate in community group events or public safety activities. Among the events we regularly attend are:
- Stop the Bleed™ training
- Career days (critical care/flight medical professionals and helicopter pilots)
- Touch a Truck
- Festivals, picnics, fund raisers