Convenient and comfortable infusion services to meet your needs
Infusion therapy is used when medications are delivered intravenously (IV) or injected directly into the body through a vein. If you need infusion therapy as part of your treatment plan, our team of skilled nurses, pharmacists and physicians will be ready to assist you in one of our comfortable infusion areas. At Novant Health we offer a full range of outpatient infusion and injection services for patients that need treatment on a regular or infrequent basis, without requiring hospitalization.
Novant Health infusion services include:
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- Pain management
- Blood transfusion
- IV fluids for hyrdration
- Port/catheter management
- Infusions and injections for a variety of conditions, such as:
- Chronic conditions such as Crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis and asthma
Services offered may vary by location. Please contact a specific location directly to confirm availability.
Tips for your visit
- Make sure you bring your insurance information and picture ID.
- Bring a list (or the actual prescription bottles) of all medications you are taking including the dose, how often you take it, and prescribing doctor.
- Please respect other patients by turning off cell phones or placing them in “silent” mode.
- Avoid wearing scents and perfumes as other patients may be very sensitive to smells.
- Beverages and light snacks are available, but please feel free to bring any snacks or meals with you.
Pediatric cancer patients
Learn more about the resources available to pediatric cancer patients: