Heart and Vascular Treatments
Nationally recognized for heart care
While Novant Health is known nationally for raising the standard of care for the treatment of heart attacks, we are just as focused on providing the care you need to manage your cardiovascular health and avoid the emergency room altogether.
Multidisciplinary heart and vascular care for adults
To ensure you receive prompt, thorough and seamless cardiovascular care, multiple general cardiologists work alongside each other at our Heart & Vascular Institute locations. This enables your general cardiologist, who manages your ongoing cardiovascular care, to get you in more quickly with specialists should the need arise.
So, while you will have to opportunity to build a long-term relationship with your general cardiologist, your cardiovascular care team may flex to include some of the following specialists as your needs change.
- Electrophysiologists conduct diagnostic procedures and treat arrhythmias by prescribing medications, implanting medical devices and performing catheter ablations.
- Interventional Cardiologists use catheter-based techniques to diagnose and treat coronary artery disease, vascular disease, structural heart disease, and congenital heart defects. For example, they perform angioplasties and stent placements.
- Nuclear Cardiologists use nuclear medicine imaging to assess how your heart is functioning. It is used to evaluate coronary artery diseases, cardiomyopathy and whether your heart has been damaged by chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- Cardiothoracic Surgeons are trained to perform open-heart surgery and less-invasive procedures on heart and surrounding blood vessels, as well as other organs and tissues in your chest, or thoracic cavity, including the lungs and esophagus.
- Vascular Surgeons specialize in open surgery and endovascular procedures used to diagnose and treat blood vessels outside the chest, including in the neck, abdomen and legs.
Are You Referring a Patient?
Novant Health welcomes referrals from healthcare providers looking to provide their patients with more specialized care and support. Find out how we can connect you and your patients with our providers.
Manage Your Health With MyChart.
Novant Health MyChart is our secure, convenient online tool that makes it easy for you to manage your care from anywhere. Make appointments, view test results, contact your providers and arrange virtual visits from your computer or smartphone.