Best-case scenario: early detection
The earlier you discover you have heart disease, or a heart disorder, the sooner you can take steps to eliminate, reduce or slow its effects.
Your primary care provider can get you started by using your medical and family history to create a plan for regular screenings that will help identify issues before they become more difficult to treat.
Heart and vascular diagnostic imaging tests
The specialists at Novant Health offer the latest diagnostic and screening tests, including:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) screening
- Cardiac calcium scoring
- Electrocardiology studies
- Electrophysiology studies
- Intravascular ultrasound
- Invasive cardiac testing
- Nuclear imaging
- Radiographic testing
"Remarkable You" health screening events
Novant Health holds health screening events regularly where you can learn more about keeping your heart healthy and discover your own personal "numbers" — the ones that can predict your risk for chronic heart disease.
Who can help manage your cardiovascular health?
At Novant Health, your primary care provider plays the lead role in helping you prevent heart and vascular disease. If they determine you are at risk for either, they can recommend lifestyle changes and prescribe medications to prevent or delay the onset of a chronic condition.
Cardiologists: Your heart care specialists
If you have symptoms of heart disease, your primary care provider may refer you to one of our general cardiologists for further assessment and diagnosis. Your cardiologist can:
- Order more specific diagnostic and screening tests
- Provide a second opinion
- Refer you to a cardiac rehabilitation program
- Refer you to an interventional cardiologist for minimally invasive procedures
- Refer you to an electrophysiologist for evaluation and treatment of an irregular heartbeat
- Refer you to a cardiothoracic or vascular surgeon for minimally invasive or traditional (open-heart) procedures
- Provide follow-up care after surgery or emergency room treatment
Novant Health MyChart
MyChart is a secure, convenient online tool that lets you manage your healthcare. You can schedule appointments, view test results, refill prescriptions and even have virtual visits with your providers right from your computer or smartphone.