Emergency services — here when you need them
When the unexpected happens, you need emergency care that you can rely on. Our emergency departments are equipped to care for any medical emergency, 24 hours a day. Our emergency medical care teams treat as many as 110,000 patients each year.
When to go to the emergency room
Our advanced emergency medical services ensure quick response and treatment in any situation. In addition to expert emergency medicine physicians, nurses and technologists, our emergency room facilities are equipped with patient monitoring systems, X-ray technology, on-site labs and surgical suites to provide you with world-class care by our dedicated teams of professionals.
If you or a loved one experiences any of the following symptoms, call 911 immediately and request to be taken to the Novant Health emergency room nearest you:
- Injuries from an accident or fall
- Deep cuts or bleeding that won't stop
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of consciousness
- Pregnancy-related problems
- Severe abdominal pain
- Heart attack symptoms, such as chest pain, sweating, shortness of breath or unusual nausea
- Stroke symptoms, such as sudden numbness or weakness of face, arms and/or legs; trouble speaking, severe headache with no known cause
- High fever and vomiting that continues nonstop for several hours
- Signs of meningitis: severe headaches, neck/joint pain and stiffness, vomiting, high temperatures, cold extremities
See if you can avoid an ER trip
Describe your symptoms and we'll tell you if faster or more cost-effective alternatives exist.