You make a difference.
Our volunteers play an important role in making connections with our patients and their loved ones. Often, they are the first people those arriving at our facilities will meet. As a volunteer, you provide a valuable service to our community, and, in return, have the opportunity to make friends, learn new skills and make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Ways you can volunteer
Our volunteer roles are as diverse as the people who fill them. Whether you are a teen, college student, retiree, former patient, or community member, we have a place for you. As a volunteer at Thomasville Medical Center, you might:
- Visit patients in their rooms to ask about non-medical needs and offer emotional support
- Serve as a reception or information clerk
- Give patients and visitors directions and help them find their way
- Transport patients throughout the hospital
- Drive the courtesy cart, helping guests get from the parking lot to the hospital
All Novant Health volunteers must:
- Be at least 14 years old
- Provide proof of COVID-19 and flu vaccinations
You don’t need to have had any experience working in healthcare.
After you submit the volunteer application, you will have an interview and be asked to complete a health screening. You will also go through new volunteer orientation and training.
Connect With Novant Health
From inspiring patient stories to innovative medical advancements, there's always something new happening at Novant Health. Get the latest healthcare news, expert advice, recipes and feel-good stories delivered to your inbox.