Improving our community's health, one person at a time
Novant Health Rowan Medical Center is a critical access hospital in Salisbury, NC. The hospital has been part of the Salisbury community since 1936, providing a local place for area residents to find care and treatment. Our services include 24/7 emergency care, nationally ranked heart and vascular care and award-winning orthopedic care.
Focused on excellence
Patient safety is our top priority. Our services meet or exceed strict industry standards so you can feel confident about your care.
We set the standard.
At Rowan Medical Center, you can expect next-level care. Some of our recent honors include:
- Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus, American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, 2021 and 2020
- Mission: Lifeline Gold Plus Receiving Award, American Heart Association, 2019
- Get with the Guidelines Stroke Target: Stroke Honor Roll Gold Plus, American Heart Association, 2019
- Get With the Guidelines Heart Failure Target: HF Honor Roll Gold Plus, American Heart Association, 2019
- Chest Pain – MI Registry Platinum Performance Achievement Award, American College of Cardiology's NCDR, 2019
For healthier communities
Novant Health exists to improve the health of our communities, one person at a time. We work to make healthcare more accessible and affordable through community health education, screenings and financial assistance.
Serving your community since 1936
Rowan Memorial Hospital, forerunner of today’s Novant Health Rowan Medical Center, was chartered in 1935 and opened its doors to patients in 1936. Since that time, it has operated as a private, not-for-profit institution serving the people of Salisbury, Rowan County and surrounding communities. Notable moments include:
- 1995: Rowan Memorial Hospital renamed Rowan Regional Medical Center to reflect the regional market it serves and the services and technologies added to meet the ever-changing needs of its patients.
- 2008: The hospital merges with Novant Health.
- 2013: The hospital’s name changes to Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
- 2013: First Hospice House is built.
- 2017: Rowan Medical Center becomes the first facility at Novant Health to have a mobile coach outfitted with 3-D mammography.
- 2020: The Novant Health Wallace Cancer Institute, a state-of-the art comprehensive cancer treatment center, opens its doors. Wallace Cancer Institute, a department of Rowan Medical Center, provides Rowan County residents with life-giving care close to home.