Whether it’s your first or fourth pregnancy, you deserve to feel confident and comfortable throughout the entire journey. We’re here for you at all stages, from during pregnancy to your delivery and months to follow.
There is no more important delivery than yours.
Welcome your little one in a comfortable setting surrounded by experienced, expert, compassionate caregivers. Novant Health’s comprehensive maternity services include:
- Educational services, including maternity, parenting, breastfeeding and childbirth classes
- Lactation and breastfeeding services before, during and after your delivery:
- Daily bedside nursing support from certified lactation consultants during your hospital stay
- Ongoing, free breastfeeding and chestfeeding support resources like assessment, private appointments, classes, breast pumps, and feeding supplies and aids
- Care for high-risk pregnancy and delivery (such as gestational diabetes and preeclampsia)
- Emergency obstetrics services and dedicated maternity surgical suites, including dedicated operating rooms for caesarean sections
- Newborn services, including complete pediatric services, hearing screening and a newborn nursery
- Advanced infant security system
- Professional photography of your newborn that you can purchase to easily share and create birth announcements, gifts, and baby keepsakes
- Doula verification
- Bereavement support
Here for you and your newborn
You deserve personalized maternity care
It’s our privilege to help you welcome your new baby. Get the personalized care you deserve — from the expert team you can trust. If you have questions, reach out to your ob-gyn.
Level III NICU in Matthews
The Matthews Medical Center level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) provides around-the-clock intensive care for premature and seriously ill babies.
Our diverse team of specialists work to help you bring your little one home as soon as possible.
We are also supported by the level IV NICU at Novant Health Hemby Children's Hospital, the highest level of care available for premature or critically ill newborns.
Preregister for a faster and easier check-in when you arrive to deliver your baby, and to receive relevant, timely information about what to expect and how to prepare for your new little one.
We set the standard for maternity care.
At Matthews Medical Center, you can expect next-level maternity care. In the past few years, we have been recognized with:
- High Performing Hospital for Maternity Care, U.S. News & World Report, 2022-23
- Baby Friendly Designation, World Health Organization and the United Nations Children’s Fund
- Five-star North Carolina Maternity Center Breastfeeding-Friendly, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services