Whether it’s your first or fourth pregnancy, you deserve to feel confident and comfortable throughout the entire journey. We’re here for you at all stages, from during pregnancy to your delivery and months to follow.
There is no more important delivery than yours.
Welcome your little one in a comfortable setting surrounded by experienced, expert, compassionate caregivers. Novant Health’s comprehensive maternity services include:
- Educational services, including maternity, parenting, breastfeeding and childbirth classes
- Lactation and breastfeeding services before, during and after your delivery:
- Daily bedside nursing support from certified lactation consultants during your hospital stay
- Ongoing, free breastfeeding and chestfeeding support resources like assessment, private appointments, classes, breast pumps, and feeding supplies and aids
- Care for high-risk pregnancy and delivery (such as gestational diabetes and preeclampsia)
- Labor/delivery support, including treatments for pain management and resources on what to expect with a C-section
- Emergency obstetrics services and dedicated maternity surgical suites
- Newborn services, including complete pediatric services, hearing screening and a newborn nursery
- Advanced infant security system
- Professional photography of your newborn that you can purchase to easily share and create birth announcements, gifts and keepsakes
- Doula verification
- Bereavement support
Here for you and your newborn
You deserve personalized maternity care
It’s our privilege to help you welcome your new baby. Get the personalized care you deserve — from the expert team you can trust. If you have questions, your ob-gyn can help.
Free at-home nurse visit
If you're a first-time parent and Forsyth or Davidson County resident, you can get a free, customized in-home or virtual nurse visit. This visit helps bridge the gap between coming home from the hospital and you or your baby's first physician visit.
To request a nurse visit, call 336-718-4226.
Level III NICU in Winston-Salem
Forsyth Medical Center's level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) — one of the highest levels of newborn care available — provides expert, around-the-clock intensive care for premature and seriously ill babies born or transferred here from outlying counties. Our specialized team works to help you bring your little one home as soon as possible.
While you’re still in the hospital, you can spend alone time with your baby in a private room. When you cannot be at the NICU, you can call our care team any time for updates. You can even see your baby when you’re away using our Angel Eye service, a nonstop, password-protected video feed.
Ronald McDonald Family Room
If you need a moment to rest while visiting the NICU, you can spend time in the Ronald McDonald Family Room located on the same floor. This room provides some of the comforts of home while keeping you close to your newborn.
Preregister for a faster and easier check-in when you arrive to deliver your baby, and to receive relevant, timely information about what to expect and how to prepare for your new little one.
We set the standard for maternity care.
At Forsyth Medical Center, you can expect next-level maternity care. We are committed to your breastfeeding and chestfeeding success and have earned recognition for our support, including:
- Baby Friendly Designation, The World Health Organization and the United Nations Children’s Fund
- Baby Friendly USA Breast Care Center accreditation, The Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI)