Orthopedic care for all of you
Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital is a department of Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center, the Charlotte region’s only orthopedic hospital and one of a few such hospitals in the country. Our doctors and team members provide a full range of orthopedic services, from advanced diagnostic imaging and innovative treatments to rehabilitation services on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Focused on safe, effective and affordable care
Patient safety is our top priority. We are ranked among the top five percent of hospitals in the country for surgical care measures. We have earned the Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission for six of our joint and spine programs.
Setting the standard for orthopedic care
At Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital, you can expect next-level care. Some of our recent honors include:
- Hip Fracture, Hip Joint Replacement, Laminectomy, Spine Fusion, Knee Joint Replacement and Shoulder Joint Replacement certifications, The Joint Commission
- Blue Distinction Center+ for Knee and Hip Replacement, Blue Shield of North Carolina
For a healthier community
We work to make healthcare more accessible and affordable through community health education and events, screenings and financial assistance.
Serving your community since 1976
- 1976: A group of orthopedic surgeons create Orthopaedic Hospital of Charlotte, the Charlotte area’s only orthopedic hospital.
- 1998: Hospital merges with Novant Health and becomes Novant Health Presbyterian Orthopedic Hospital.
- 2013: Novant Health Presbyterian Orthopedic Hospital rebrands as Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital.
- 2017: Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital completes a $67 million renovation designed to integrate the entire patient experience from a pre-operative surgical wellness clinic to operating rooms equipped with robotic and artificial intelligence technologies and inpatient acute care and physical therapy services that help patients recover after their surgery.