As the parent or caregiver, one of your responsibilities is keeping that child as healthy as possible. If recurrent fevers, an unexplained rash or an infection that won’t go away has you concerned, you want answers quickly so any needed treatment can begin without delay. Our providers have years of experience identifying difficult-to-diagnose diseases and infections. We use advanced diagnostic tools to get you the answers you need as quickly as possible.
Our clinic also offers travel medicine services. If your child will be going overseas, we will work with you to determine what vaccinations are necessary, and to make sure your child gets those vaccines at the correct time. We also offer information about precautions to take before and during travel.
Conditions we diagnose, manage and treat include:
- Recurrent fevers, and fevers of unknown origin
- Recurrent infections
- Infections acquired during travel
- HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus), both congenital (from birth) and acquired
- Infections in patients on immune-modulating therapy
- Infections related to an organ transplant
- Primary immune deficiency
- MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; antibiotic-resistant staph infection)
- C. difficile (C.diff) infection (colon infection)
- Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases and infections
- Perinatal (near the time of birth) exposure to Hepatitis C
- Congenital (from birth) infections, including herpes, cytomegalovirus (CMV), toxoplasma infection (toxoplasmosis), parvovirus, HIV and syphilis
- Sexually transmitted infections including herpes, HIV, syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea and chancroid