Our team is committed to providing the expert guidance and care you need to assess and treat your breast health concerns. Whether you are newly diagnosed, want to learn more about your risk of breast cancer or want to follow up on a referral from your ob-gyn or primary care provider, we are here to serve you.
We provide the following services to both male and female patients at our clinic.
- Initial consults
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsies
- Referral and coordination of other testing and diagnostic services, including:
- assessment of your breast cancer risk with coordination of genetic counseling services
- blood tests
- advanced imaging services, including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), when appropriate
- Ongoing coordination of cancer treatment with oncology specialists.
The following surgical services are regularly performed at Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center and Novant Health Medical Park Hospital:
- Removal and inspection of tumors in your breast that are not cancerous (excisional biopsies for indeterminate or benign disease)
- Draining infected breast fluid (removal of breast abscesses)
- Breast surgery to remove cancerous tumors in the breast. Including breast conserving surgery and mastectomy. We do coordinate immediate reconstruction in collaboration with plastic surgeons
- Removing and examining lymph nodes that are most likely to be affected by cancer (sentinel lymph node biopsy)
- Removal of lymph nodes in the arm pit (axillary lymph node dissection)
- Reconstructive breast conserving surgery for one or both of your breasts (oncoplastic surgery)