Delivering a remarkable electronic health record experience to your independent practice
Novant Health recognizes the unique challenges facing each of the independent specialty and primary care physicians who partner with us. Through our Community Connect program, we bring Epic to your practice to offer a robust suite of applications that improves continuity of care and your patients' experience. The platform is designed to deliver a world-class electronic health record (EHR) that meets your practice needs — and beyond — at an affordable price.
Novant Health Community Connect has achieved prevalidation recognition for solutions used with Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and Patient-Centered Specialty Practice (PCSP) programs. This recognition is from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. Prevalidation is a voluntary review process.
"By providing software that helps physician practices build the patient-focused, coordinated care infrastructure expected of NCQA patient-centered medical homes and patient-centered specialty practices, Novant Health is helping practices be part of modern health care’s most important transformations,” said NCQA President Margaret E. O’Kane. “Medical homes are the way of the future, and Novant Health Community Connect is helping practices get there."
- NCQA PCMH Prevalidated, 2024: PCMH practices function as medical homes and are recognized for systematic, patient-centered, coordinated care supporting access, communication and patient involvement.
- NCQA PCSP Prevalidated, 2024: Practices recognized under PCSP have demonstrated commitment to patient-centered care and clinical quality through streamlined referral processes and care coordination.
Provider & Practice Benefits
Enjoy all the advantages of access to a full-scale EHR instance without the burden of hosting and implementing one — and all at a lower cost. Other benefits include:
- Better coordinated care through connections with other physicians, hospitals, labs, and pharmacies, all while maintaining your independence
- Standardized care plan data and process management
- Improved communication and interoperability that minimizes duplication
- Access to specialists and experts through telemedicine for rural healthcare providers
- Enhanced technical support, practice management automation, mobile solutions, and technology integration for clinicians
Patient & Family Benefits
Community Connect improves the patient care experience through access to enhanced tools like:
- Video health visits
- Specialist telemedicine for rural patients
- Secure electronic medical records
- Patient portal
- Easier appointment scheduling, registration, and medication refill requests
- Medical billing and payment options
- Faster lab and test results through MyChart