Compassionate presence, courageous conversations and meaningful connections
At Novant Health, we understand every person is a physical, emotional, and spiritual being. Hospitalization can be difficult and emotional, and we know how important it is to have guidance during this period. If you find yourself in an illness-related crisis, we provide spiritual care and support that recognizes the importance of your personal story, values, cultural, and religious practices.
Spiritual care is provided by board certified chaplains, clinical pastoral education residents, and spiritual care specialists. Our team is available to everyone, including those who do not hold to a specific religious belief system. That’s why we provide multifaith support and guidance to our patients, their loved ones, and team members.
Our Spiritual Care Team is here to help you
- Talking about the impact of a new diagnosis or a change in your treatment plan.
- Prayer and/or specific religious practices.
- Discussing advance care planning documents.
- Connecting you with your faith community.
- Creative activities to express your experience.