Improving the quality of healthcare
Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center is recognized by many national independent organizations as a leader in improving the quality of healthcare.
NCQA Physician Quality Awards
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), together with the American
Heart Association and the American Diabetes Association, recognize physicians who
provide excellent care to patients with heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
2015 Get with the Guidelines Stroke Award: Gold Plus
The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association (AHA/ASA), recognize hospitals for success in using Get With The Guidelines® to improve quality of care and outcomes for heart failure and stroke patients. Studies show that consistent application of these programs can lead to better recoveries and lower risks of ending up back in the hospital.
Other National Honors
Thomasville Medical Center and Novant Health are ranked 12th nationally among the
2009 Top 100 Healthcare Networks, according to an analysis by the SDI Health Informatics Company. The Top 100 is a listing of the nation's leading integrated healthcare networks and is based on eight critical success factors used to evaluate healthcare systems
throughout the country.
Awards and Recognitions
- Leapfrog Safety Grade A
- Leapfrog Top Hospital Award
- CMS 3-Star Rating
- Accredited Hospital by The Joint Commission
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Baby Friendly Designation by World Health Organization
- Breast Care Center accredited by National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Cardiovascular Lab Accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC)
- Clinical Lab Improvement Amendments Certifications (CLIA)
- Disease Specific Certification from Joint Commission for COPD
- Lab accredited by the College of American Pathology (CAP)
- Learning Place Five Star Rating Div. of Child Development and Early Education
- Nursing Improving Care for Health system Elders (NICHE) certification for Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit
- Radiology accredited by the American College of Radiology
- The Joint Commission Advance Primary Stroke Certification
- Sleep Center Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center (NHTMC) established the state’s first Baby Café in 2017. Baby Café is a free, no-appointment needed opportunity for pregnant and breastfeeding women in the community to receive breastfeeding help and support from lactation consultants to meet their breastfeeding goals.
- NHTMC received the Baby Friendly Designation by the World Health Organization in 2017.