We are committed to protecting your health and safety
Offering you the highest quality of healthcare is our goal. When you visit one of our locations, you can be sure we’ve invested much time and attention to keep you safe. We’re working to be sure our services meet or exceed strict industry standards. This is part of our mission to improve the health of our communities, one person at a time.
Several organizations measure quality care nationally through research, data interpretation and types of analysis. These organizations set standards for participating hospitals. Our procedures for ensuring safety and quality have earned numerous certifications, national awards and other recognitions. Learning about our scores and rankings can help you choose programs and services that are right for you.
Below is a link to the Medicare.gov site with quality outcomes through Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS). It's a national survey for patient related experiences during a recent hospital stay.
Review Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center quality outcomes
Hospital safety grades
The letter grades shown here are available as a public service from The Leapfrog Group, a nonprofit organization that measures quality, safety and transparency in the U.S. healthcare industry. The grades are based on a hospital’s overall performance in keeping patients safe from preventable harm and medical errors.
Awards and Recognitions
- Leapfrog Safety Grade A
- Leapfrog Top Hospital Award
- CMS 3-Star Rating
- Accredited Hospital by The Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center from Society of Chest Pain Centers
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Baby Friendly Designation by World Health Organization
- Breast Care Center accredited by National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Cardiovascular Lab Accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC)
- Clinical Lab Improvement Amendments Certifications (CLIA)
- Disease Specific Certification from Joint Commission for COPD
- Lab accredited by the College of American Pathology (CAP)
- Learning Place Five Star Rating Div. of Child Development and Early Education
- Nursing Improving Care for Health system Elders (NICHE) certification for Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit
- Radiology accredited by the American College of Radiology
- The Joint Commission Advance Primary Stroke Certification
- Sleep Center Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center (NHTMC) established the state’s first Baby Café in 2017. Baby Café is a free, no-appointment needed opportunity for pregnant and breastfeeding women in the community to receive breastfeeding help and support from lactation consultants to meet their breastfeeding goals.
- NHTMC received the Baby Friendly Designation by the World Health Organization in 2017.