Reach your maximum potential.
Give your team a competitive edge by partnering with the highly trained experts at Novant Health Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Institute. Whether you're a professional or amateur athlete, we'll help you maximize your performance and potential.
Why Choose Novant Health
When a teammate gets injured, it affects the whole team. That's why it's important to take steps to reduce risk and prevent injuries before they occur. To prevent sports injuries, every athlete should:
- Warm up with light cardio and low-impact exercises to increase blood flow and engage muscles.
- Use proper equipment to protect and stabilize joints and other body parts most susceptible to injury.
- Focus on body positioning, conditioning, flexibility and technique.
- Stay hydrated and well-nourished.
- Cool down after every workout or game.
Food is fuel for athletes. Eating a healthy diet with the right combination of protein, carbohydrates and fats directly impacts your performance and recovery. Our registered dietitians will work with you to create an individualized nutrition plan that boosts energy and endurance. You'll explore nutrition basics, how your body processes food and why a balanced diet is essential.
You and your team spend countless hours training and conditioning to build strength and endurance, increase flexibility and master proper techniques. Our highly skilled trainers and coaches bring an in-depth understanding of fitness and wellness to ensure your training time is efficient and impactful.