Maintain your health and detect disease early with wellness screenings
Healthcare isn’t just about getting better when you’re sick; it’s also about staying healthy and living an active life. At Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center, we can provide you with the tools and resources to do just that.
For more information about Presbyterian Medical Center's wellness programs and services, call:
By monitoring your health annually, we can establish a detailed medical history that can prevent future illness. Annual examinations also enable healthcare professionals to detect diseases at their earliest and most treatable stages.
Using our state-of-the-art imaging technology, we offer the following screening services:
- Cardiac scoring – measures the build-up of calcium and fatty tissues in your arteries to determine your risk of heart disease and heart attack using a CT scan.
- CT colonography – also known as a virtual colonoscopy, it is used for growths in your rectum and colon using advanced X-ray and 3-D imaging.
- Carotid IMT ultrasound – uses high-resolution ultrasound and computer technology to measure the thickness of your carotid arteries in the neck that can increase the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Bone density – also known as Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA), used to determine the strength of bones in the spine and hip for osteoarthritis.
- Mammography – the best method for finding breast cancer in its early stages when the cure rates are highest. Women are encouraged to get a mammogram once a year.
For more information about our wellness programs and services or to schedule a screening, call 704-384-CARE (2273).
Learn more about the wellness services offered at Novant Health »