Our emergency departments in Charlotte, Huntersville and Matthews include nationally certified stroke centers and nationally accredited chest pain centers, all bringing you advanced, reliable care when every second counts.
Pediatric Emergency Department
Novant Health Pediatric Emergency Department is the Charlotte region’s first emergency department dedicated exclusively to the needs of children.
For anyone who has experienced sexual violence, we offer doctors and nurses specially trained in caring for sexual assault victims 24/7. Working together with forensic nurses and a Sexual Response Team (including law enforcement, rape crisis companions, hospital social workers and the district attorney’s office), we can provide you with the compassionate care you need during this difficult time.
Our sexual assault program includes services such as:
- A medical screening in the emergency department
- A private setting in the hospital for evidence collection
- Forensic evidence gathered by a certified sexual assault nurse examiner
- Support, for both the victim and his or her family members, provided by trained advocates
- Follow-up counseling services, including crisis intervention, support groups and counseling for individuals, couples or families
- Criminal justice support and advocacy
- Follow-up healthcare referrals
For more information about our sexual assault program, call 704-384-3536.
Sick? Injured? Not sure where to go? Call our free 24-hour nurse hotline at 704-384-CARE (2273).