Treating your mind, body and spirit
every step of the way
From your diagnosis to your treatment, survivorship and beyond, the cancer experts at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center will be there to help you every step of the way. We understand that cancer is more than just a physical disease. In addition to treatments and diagnostic tests, we feel that is also important for you to have support and resources that help promote your recovery.
Patient navigators are at the center of your cancer care. These registered nurses will guide you through your treatment. Some of the services our patient navigators provide include:
- Linking you and your physician to expedite care
- Explaining diagnosis and treatment options
- Answering questions throughout your treatment
- Connecting you with community resources
- Providing access to psychosocial support
Contact our patient navigators today by filling out our online form or calling 704-384-5373.
Buddy Kemp Cancer Support Center
When you are going through your journey with cancer, the Novant Health Buddy Kemp Cancer Support Center is here to provide you with the support and advocacy services you need. Our professionally led programs and services provide resources and information for you and your loved ones throughout all stages of your journey. We are here to help, regardless of your cancer type, physician or hospital affiliation.
- Cancer support groups and counseling - We offer a variety of cancer support groups where survivors and caregivers can share their experiences. If you prefer more private support, individual and family counseling is also available. Support groups and counseling sessions are facilitated by a licensed clinical social worker with special training in cancer. View our full listing of support groups.
- Financial support - Our case manager is specially trained in cancer and can help identify and manage resources to assist with treatment-related financial concerns.
- Educational events – Numerous expert-led educational events are offered throughout the year on a variety of topics, ranging from survivorship issues, to estate planning, treatment updates and more. Visit our cancer calendar for the most up-to-date listing.
- The Guffey Family Library - Filled with easy-to-find information on cancer diagnosis, treatment and supportive information as well as Internet access and comfortable chairs.
- Lending boutique - Filled with wigs, scarves, hats and turbans for anyone to borrow during their cancer journey.
- Camp Phoenix – This day-long retreat for cancer survivors and their families takes place each fall at Lake Wylie.
View our complete calendar of cancer support groups, programs and events.
To learn more or schedule an appointment for services provided by Novant Health Buddy Kemp Cancer Support Center please call 704-384-5223.
Leaning on your faith during treatment is powerful and positive for your mind, body and soul. Our chaplains are available to provide you and your family with emotional support, regardless of your religious or spiritual affiliation. Connect with a chaplain today by calling 704-384-4168.
Learn more about pastoral care »
We offer outpatient hospice services throughout Charlotte and the surrounding areas and inpatient hospice services at Presbyterian Medical Center and Novant Health Matthews Medical Center. Connect with a hospice expert today by calling 704-384-6478.
Learn more about our hospice services »