Now recruiting volunteers to join our remarkable team
We are currently recruiting year-round adult volunteers adult volunteers who have a passion for serving others, have remarkable team-focused attitudes and excellent customer service skills. Great smiles are required with a willingness to commit to serving 4-hours each week (minimum 100+ hours).
If you are ready to put friendly, caring service into action, click here to see available volunteer openings at Presbyterian Medical Center and Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital.
Step One: complete the Adult Volunteer Application (high school graduate age 18+).
Step Two: once we have your application, we will contact you via email with next steps and how you might be a fit for our remarkable team. Please note that the entire volunteer selection process includes: application, interview, two references, background check, orientation/specific service training, health screening, and purchase of a uniform prior to placement. Completion of process does not guarantee placement.
Accepting applications for summer college volunteers
We are accepting applications from college students who are available to commit at least 80 hours of service over the summer, beginning mid-May. Successful candidates will have a servant’s heart, an understanding of empathy and compassion, and excellent customer service skills. Summer college volunteers fill in for year-round volunteers during summer vacations and may be placed in one of the following roles:
- Ambassador-Proactively greets guests with engagement and a smile to determine pathfinding/general needs as they enter and leave the hospital. Escorts guests throughout hospital. Assists with discharges by waiting with patient as family gets transportation; returns wheelchairs to proper holding areas, after ensuring proper cleaning protocol. Ensures proper wheelchair transfers as appropriate. May serve as a “runner” with Surgical Waiting Room or with comfort cart deliveries. – Monday to Friday, various shifts starting at 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Surgical Waiting Room Runner-Assists guest services with enhancing the patient/family experience by escorting patients/families to destinations within hospital. Serves as Ambassador for families, as they wait for their loved ones’ surgery to be completed. Monday to Friday, various shifts starting at 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Heart & Vascular Waiting Room-Assists Heart & Vascular team with enhancing the patient/family experience by escorting patients/families to destinations within heart and vascular institute. Monday to Friday, various shifts starting at 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Intensive Care Unit Waiting Room–Serves as an Ambassador liaison for ICU team and visitors. Service duties vary and include assisting ICU team with compliance of ICU policies, visitor hours, waiting room appearance and good hand hygiene of guests.
Step One: complete the summer college online application by April 16.
Step Two: on receipt of your application, you will receive an email with remaining application requirements including online orientation/test, health screening/record requirements, background check form, confidentiality agreement, and reference requirements. An interview invitation will be sent to those who successfully complete step two and if positions have not been filled by receipt of applications. Please note that completion of paperwork or invitation to interview does not guarantee placement.
Please note that the entire volunteer selection process includes: application, interview, two references, background check, orientation class, health screening and purchase of a uniform prior to placement. Some placements may require additional training.
Accepting applications for summer Jr. volunteers (high school students, grades 9 – 12) – ends March 16
We are seeking students who have a desire to serve others, while learning new skills. Must be able to follow directions, actively engage in a friendly, customer-oriented manner, demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude and willingness to work with a team.
For consideration, you must successfully complete all application steps and paperwork for an invitation to interview. Completion of paperwork and an invitation to interview won’t guarantee placement, as our teen program is highly desirable and competitive with fewer service roles available than applicants.
NEW for 2018 – two summer sessions for high school teen volunteers. You may apply for only one session.The enrollment process for Presbyterian Medical Center and Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital Summer Teen sessions will close on March 16, 2018.
1. Jr. Volunteer Summer Session 1: July 9 – 20, 2018 – everyday Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
2. Jr. Volunteer Summer Session 2: August 6 – 17, 2018 – everyday Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
When we receive your application, you will receive an email with remaining application requirements and next steps as applicable. Processing and notification will not begin before April 16.