Supporting healthcare in our community through sponsorships
Not only is contributing to community activities and organizations part of our mission, it is something we actively enjoy. Partnering with non-profit organizations to provide health education and information enables us to serve the community where we live; also get to know you, our patients, better.
We strive to partner with organizations that address the critical issues of our society; also, to grant financial support to those we believe can help make a true difference in the health of our community.
Here are some of our community partners:
- Ada Jenkins Center
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Arts and Science Council
- Autism Speaks
- Charlotte Business Journal
- Charlotte Center City Partners
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
- Charlotte Community Health Clinic
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
- Charlotte Symphony
- Colon Cancer Coalition
- Crisis Assistance Ministry
- Discovery Place
- HeartBright Foundation
- Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Lake Norman Community Health Clinic
- Levine Museum of the New South
- Levine Senior Center
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- March of Dimes
- Matthews Free Medical Clinic
- Monroe Fitness & Aquatics Center
- North Meck Soccer Club
- Ronald McDonald House
- Run For Your Life
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure Charlotte
- The Charlotte Touchdown Club
- The Mint Museum
- Town of Matthews
About the sponsorship process
Novant Health has established a uniform policy to grant sponsorships to organizations that meet selective criteria. Sponsorship requests must be made a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks prior to the event deadline. The Community Relations committee reviews sponsorship requests after the request form has been submitted.
Here is the criteria we use to evaluate a request:
- The event must align with the Novant Health mission and values.
- The organization must have 501(c)(3) designation.
- The event must serve our local community and be dedicated to community goodwill.
- The event should support a service line's initiative and have a direct healthcare focus / benefit.
- Preference will be given to events that benefit Novant Health.
Novant Health will not contribute to:
- Organizations that are already supported by our Employee Giving Campaigns, i.e., Arts and Science Council or United Way
- Political, labor and fraternal organizations
- Religious organizations
- Individual schools
- Activities / organizations that do not support our public purpose
- Golf tournaments
- Little league / booster clubs
- Brick and mortar initiatives
If you would like to request a community sponsorship, simply complete our online form.
The Charlotte Hornets and the Charlotte Checkers
We are the official healthcare provider for the Charlotte Checkers hockey team and the NBA’s Charlotte Hornets basketball team. We not only manage the healthcare needs of the players, staff and their families, but we also partner with both teams on events and programs to raise money for important causes such as Arts for Life.