Novant Health Med Flight provides fast, safe air transportation for critically ill and injured patients, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is strategically located at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center, and serves all patients, adult, pediatric and neonatal, within 170 miles of Rowan County.
Our three-person crew includes a pilot, flight nurse and flight paramedic are certified in several areas of emergency care and have undergone extensive training in advanced airway management, transport physiology, burn and trauma care, pediatrics and cardiology.
Upon receiving a call, the Med Flight team is dispatched to the scene of the accident or referring hospital. Once the team arrives, the goal is to be back in the air in route to the tertiary care facility within minutes. At all times, the flight crew has access to EMS personnel at the scene or the care team at the referring hospital.
About the aircraft
The Novant Health Med Flight aircraft is:
- An H-135 Airbus helicopter powered by twin engines
- Equipped with night vision device technology, GPS navigation and weather radar
- Certified for single pilot Instrumental flight rules (IFR)
- Equipped with an autopilot feature
- An “ICU in the air”, allowing us to bring the ICU care to the patient
When time, specialized skills, or specialized resources are crucial to the patients’ outcome or survival, Novant Health Med Flight is here.