School-Based Telehealth Program
If your school-age child has a minor illness or injury while at school, you want quick, convenient care to help them feel better as soon as possible. The Novant Health school-based telehealth program quickly connects you with a medical professional for on-demand virtual care for students at participating schools in the greater Charlotte and Winston-Salem area.
How do school-based telehealth services work?
By enrolling in the school-based telehealth program, your child will be able to receive services supplemented by Tyto technology. Using this technology, the healthcare provider can listen to your child’s heart and lungs, look inside the ears and throat, and examine skin lesions and rashes from a remote location.
Your child receives a diagnosis from one of our experienced pediatric care providers and any needed treatment or prescription recommendations can be made.
In some cases, your child may need a follow-up in-person visit to receive additional care.
Benefits of school-based telehealth services
- Your child receives same-day care without having to make an in-person visit.
- Prescriptions can be sent directly to your pharmacy.
- Services through the school means your child may miss less time at school due to minor illness
- Parents can join their child’s online visit without leaving work
Conditions we treat
- Colds and flu
- Female urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Head lice
- Pink Eye
- Rashes and bug bites
- Sore throat
If you have questions or want to know if your school is participating in the Novant Health school-based telehealth program, speak with your school nurse or administration.