Combined civilian/military psychiatry residency program in Wilmington
Make your psychiatry residency experience remarkable with a placement at Novant Health New Hanover Regional Medical Center, a unique combined military/non-military residency program. Led by expert faculty in a dynamic learning environment, you'll get a robust education and training so you leave your residency prepared to practice independently in any psychiatric setting and set up for success throughout your career.
We are seeking candidates who are dedicated, driven, and passionate to use their knowledge to the benefit of all North Carolina citizens to improve the health of our communities, one person at a time.
Why Choose Novant Health?
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education accredited residency program
Number of placements
The Novant Health psychiatry residency program at New Hanover Regional Medical center admits seven residents per year:
- Non-military residents: four
- Military residents: three
- Graduated from an accredited medical school within two years of application to the program
- Passed USMLE/COMLEX Step II
- Step I must be passed at the time of application.
- Step II must be completed and passed prior to the rank list deadline in order to enter residency training.
- Provide citizenship documentation to the Novant Health Graduate Medical Education office for verification. Novant Health currently does not sponsor any visas.
All Novant Health residency programs participate in, abide by the policies of, and only accept residency applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) via the National Residency Matching Program. You must submit all the required residency application items through ERAS, including your:
- Application form
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript or course work
- Dean's letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- USMLE or COMLEX score transcript
We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible. Only applications received before December 31 of the recruiting year will be considered.
Novant Health is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. An applicant with a disability should fulfill the resident job description after provision of reasonable accommodations as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.