Innovative care through research and clinical trials
At Novant Health Matthews Medical Center, our goal is providing state-of-the-art healthcare. That’s why our doctors are actively investigating new ways to prevent, detect and treat diseases.
To learn more about the clinical research we conduct or to get information about participating in a clinical trial, call 704-384-5369
Conducting clinical research provides our patients with access to cutting-edge therapies, and advances the development of future treatments. Our doctors are currently recruiting research subjects for participation in several clinical trials across various departments.
We participate in a number of national and international clinical research studies, providing you with the latest cancer treatment options.
Our partnership with Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center’s Heart and Vascular Institute allows us to participate in groundbreaking cardiovascular research. Our exceptional doctors and coordinators have allowed us to become a top-performing cardiovascular investigative site and participate in many pivotal trials.
Benefits of clinical research studies
If you choose to volunteer for one of our clinical research studies, you are ultimately helping us pave a path for the medicine of tomorrow. With your help, our carefully conducted investigations can help our researchers offer hope for many people. In return you could gain access to new research treatments before they are widely available
and receive regular and careful medical attention from our research team, which is made up of doctors and other health professionals.
Some additional benefits of participating in clinical trials may include:
- Healthcare provided by leading physicians in the field of research
- Access to new drugs and interventions before they are widely available
- Close monitoring of your healthcare and any side effects
- An opportunity to be the first to benefit from successful trials
- An opportunity to make a valuable contribution to medical research
While we make every effort to ensure your safety while participating in clinical trials, it must be acknowledged that there are some risks, including:
- New drugs and procedures may have side effects or risks unknown to doctors
- New drugs and procedures may be ineffective, or less effective, than current approaches
- Even if a new approach has benefits, it may not work for you
Hundreds of patients are currently involved in clinical trials. Participating in a clinical trial is a very personal decision. We encourage you to speak with your healthcare team and loved ones before deciding how you would like to proceed.
To learn more about the clinical research we conduct or to get information about participating in a clinical trial, call 704-384-5369.