Atrial fibrillation, or AFib, is the most common type of arrhythmia. It can feel like a quivering, fluttering, or pounding sensation, or as if your heart has “skipped a beat.” While AFib often isn’t painful, it can increase your risk of heart failure, stroke, and other serious conditions. Novant Health heart specialists can evaluate your symptoms to identify causes and help you take appropriate steps to protect your health.
- Board certified cardiac specialists
- Expert heart surgeons in a top-rated cardiac surgery program
- Minimally invasive surgery experts
- Coordinated cardiac care team
- Experienced critical care nurse teams