Novant Health Cancer Institute – New Hanover diagnoses and treats gynecologic cancers, which affect the female reproductive system. Those include ovarian, cervical, uterine, vulvar, fallopian tube and vaginal cancers. When you choose our clinic, you gain access to a team of providers who offer the most current and innovative treatments for each of these cancers, with the goal of the best possible outcomes with the fewest side effects.
Our gynecologic cancer providers regularly complete procedures including:
- Endometriosis resection (removal of endometrial tissue)
- Hysterectomy, including laparoscopic hysterectomy (removal of uterus and cervix)
- Laparoscopic radical hysterectomy (removal of the uterus, surrounding tissues, cervix and part of the vagina)
- Myomectomy (a surgical procedure to remove uterine fibroids)
- Laparoscopic lymph node dissection (removal of all or part of lymph nodes)
- Removal of pelvic masses