Let us help you get prepared for labor, delivery and beyond
Whether you’re a first-time mother-to-be, expectant father or an experienced parent, education is an important part of a healthy pregnancy. We offer a variety of fun, informative and convenient classes that are open to the public.
Sign up to learn how you and your family can prepare for welcoming your new bundle of joy.
Our class offerings are:
Childbirth Preparation (virtual) - You and your support person will learn about the birth process as well as what to expect during labor and delivery, cesarean birth and postpartum. These classes also offer tips for general comfort and options for managing labor pain. Choose from two class options:
- meets one night each week for three consecutive weeks.
- meets 9 AM to 3 PM.
Increasing Comfort in Labor: Tips, Techniques and Tools (virtual)
– In this activity-based class, you and your partner practice using labor comfort measures, which are tools and techniques to help mom relax during delivery.
Newborn Care (virtual)
– Learn baby care basics, including bathing, diapering and cord care, safe sleep for your newborn, along with tips for interacting with and comforting your child.
Breastfeeding Basics (virtual)
- Learn the advantages of breastfeeding, including how to get started and how to continue successfully. Talk with a lactation consultant to get answers to your questions.
Maternity Tour (virtual)
– See for yourself why many parents-to-be choose Novant Health; take a virtual tour of our birthing facility. Learn about maternity services, visitation policies and parking, as well as accessing areas for women’s services. See pictures of the facilities and get your questions answered.
Virtual Infant Safety and CPR (virtual)
– Learn what to do if an infant (from birth to 1 year) begins choking or stops breathing. This class is part of the American Heart Association’s CPR for Family and Friends program. The two-hour class includes home and car safety. This class does not provide Red Cross certification in infant CPR.
Pregnancy Yoga (virtual)
- Relax in your home or on the go during this one-hour class incorporating gentle yoga postures that are appropriate regardless of your fitness level or stage of pregnancy.
For dates, time and registration, call 336-414-5942 or email [email protected]
Basic Car Seat Safety (virtual)
– Learn the basics of car seat safety, including strap positioning, proper harness adjustments, aftermarket products and expiration dates. Also covered are height and weight limits and handle positions. This session is ideal for those who already own a car seat and for those who are researching the right seat to purchase.
Baby Café (virtual)
– This discussion and support group, led by internationally board-certified lactation consultants, gives you the opportunity to talk to other moms who breastfeed and provides ongoing support during your breastfeeding experience. Breastfeeding mothers and their babies as well as expectant women interested in connecting with breastfeeding moms are invited to virtually connect with our lactation consultants and other mothers for breastfeeding help and support. This event is free and open to the public.
We also offer classes for the whole family, to help make the arrival of a baby less stressful and more enjoyable for everyone, including:
Dads’ 411 (virtual)
– This one-session class is designed to reassure and build confidence for dads-to-be. Discussions focus on the important role of fathers, supporting mom during the first days and weeks, and taking care of themselves during this exciting time. Also, learn basic baby care and how to develop that daddy-baby bond.
Virtual Sibling Preparation (virtual)
– In this class, your 3- to 10-year-old will learn about changes that might come with having a new baby in the home. They will see a video and learn about becoming a “super sibling.”
Únase a nosotros para clases divertidas e informativas que pueden ayudarla a usted y a su familia a prepararse para recibir a un nuevo bebé en su hogar. Las clases están abiertas al público.
Pregúntele a la educadora de partos - Triad/Charlotte Zona (en línea, en español)
- Invitamos a los futuros padres a atender una clase gratuita sobre el termino de un embarazo y el parto. Aprenda un poco sobre el proceso del parto, y que esperar en el departamento de parto y alumbramiento, y cuáles son sus opciones. Este es un evento sin costo.
Cuidado de su recién nacido - Triad/Charlotte Zona (en línea, en español)
- En esta clase gratuita, aprenderá lo básico sobre el cuido de su recién nacido. Como bañarlo, cambiarlo, el ambiente de sueño seguro, los beneficios del amamantamiento, y mucho más. Este es un evento sin costo.
For more information about maternity services email: [email protected] or call toll-free 1- 855- 251- 8808.