Preparing for Baby
- Basic Car Seat Safety (virtual) – Learn the basics of car seat safety, including strap positioning, proper harness adjustments, aftermarket products and expiration dates. Also covered are height and weight limits and handle positions. This session is ideal for those who already own a car seat and for those who are researching the right seat to purchase.
- Childbirth Preparation (virtual) - You and your support person will learn about the birth process as well as what to expect during labor and delivery, cesarean birth and postpartum. These classes also offer tips for general comfort and options for managing labor pain. Choose from two class options:
- Three-week series - meets one night each week for three consecutive weeks.
- Saturday class - meets 9 AM to 3 PM.
- Increasing Comfort in Labor: Tips, Techniques and Tools (virtual) – In this activity-based class, you and your partner practice using labor comfort measures, which are tools and techniques to help mom relax during delivery.
- Maternity Tour (virtual) – See for yourself why many parents-to-be choose Novant Health; take a virtual tour of our birthing facility. Learn about maternity services, visitation policies and parking, as well as accessing areas for women’s services. See pictures of the facilities and get your questions answered.
- Newborn Care (virtual) – Learn baby care basics, including bathing, diapering and cord care, safe sleep for your newborn, along with tips for interacting with and comforting your child.
- Virtual Infant Safety and CPR (virtual) – Learn what to do if an infant (from birth to 1 year) begins choking or stops breathing. This class is part of the American Heart Association’s CPR for Family and Friends program. The two-hour class includes home and car safety. This class does not provide Red Cross certification in infant CPR.
Breastfeeding & feeding
- Baby Café (virtual) – This discussion and support group, led by internationally board-certified lactation consultants, gives you the opportunity to talk to other moms who breastfeed and provides ongoing support during your breastfeeding experience. Breastfeeding mothers and their babies as well as expectant women interested in connecting with breastfeeding moms are invited to virtually connect with our lactation consultants and other mothers for breastfeeding help and support. This event is free and open to the public.
- Breastfeeding Basics (virtual) - Learn the advantages of breastfeeding, including how to get started and how to continue successfully. Talk with a lactation consultant to get answers to your questions.
- Breastfeeding/Chest-feeding LGBTQ+ - A one hour, live webinar lactation class, with two Board Certified Lactation Consultants, which is specialized for LGBTQ+ families. This class holds information for any parent that wants to nourish and nurture baby at the chest.
- Breastfeeding Multiples - Breastfeeding multiples can be a challenge when all the information you see is geared for feeding only one baby! This class was created to change that. It is designed for families expecting more than one baby to get all the breastfeeding information they need. Breastfeeding Multiples is a two-hour, live webinar that covers topics specific to twins, triplets and higher order multiples. Topics include: how to support and optimize breastfeeding for premature infants, latch and positioning for more than one baby at a time, milk supply for multiples, stress and time management and finding rest/resources for parents. This class is interactive! You are encouraged to ask questions via chat to be answered by the instructors. This class is taught by two Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC): one is an expert with 30+ years experience in lactation and the other is a twin mom who works as an IBCLC to help other families of multiples meet their breastfeeding goals.
- Breastfeeding After a High-Risk Birth - Is your pregnancy considered high risk? Was your baby born prematurely and is currently in the Neonatal Intensive Care unit? Do you have a desire to provide breastmilk for your baby via pumping or from breastfeeding? If so, we have a Breastfeeding after a High-Risk Pregnancy class just for you to help you feel confident in how to provide milk for your baby.
- Pumping and Storing Breast Milk - Are you interested in pumping breastmilk or learning more about breast pumps in general? Our online Pumping Class offers you information on choosing types of pump, knowing when to pump, storing your milk or other topics. Whether you are planning to pump when you return to work or choosing to pump only, this class can answer many of your questions before or even after baby is born.
Prenatal & Postpartum Exercise
- Mommy/Baby Yoga - You and your baby are invited to join this free online yoga class designed for mom and baby. Practicing yoga with baby is a wonderful way to enjoy your baby’s first year. Babies are included in the yoga poses. Each class ends with a massage for baby.
- Pregnancy Yoga (virtual) - Relax in your home or on the go during this one-hour class incorporating gentle yoga postures that are appropriate regardless of your fitness level or stage of pregnancy. For dates, time and registration, call 336-414-5942or email [email protected]
- Postpartum Support Group – Our Virtual Postpartum Support Group, offered by Novant Health, is a free online support group for parents, up to 18 months postpartum. This peer led group is for any new parent looking to connect, discuss shared experiences and feelings, and voice concerns surrounding this uncharted world of parenting. In this confidential support group, the goal is to connect, feel heard, and leave with helpful tools and resources. Any questions and to register, email: [email protected]. Two groups available: Morning group- every other Tuesday 10am to 11:30am and Evening Group- every other Monday 7pm to 8:30pm
We also offer classes for the whole family, to help make the arrival of a baby less stressful and more enjoyable for everyone, including:
Dads’ 411 (virtual)
– This one-session class is designed to reassure and build confidence for dads-to-be. Discussions focus on the important role of fathers, supporting mom during the first days and weeks, and taking care of themselves during this exciting time. Also, learn basic baby care and how to develop that daddy-baby bond.
Virtual Sibling Preparation (virtual)
– In this class, your 3- to 10-year-old will learn about changes that might come with having a new baby in the home. They will see a video and learn about becoming a “super sibling.”
Únase a nosotros para clases divertidas e informativas que pueden ayudarla a usted y a su familia a prepararse para recibir a un nuevo bebé en su hogar. Las clases están abiertas al público.
Pregúntele a la educadora de partos - Triad/Charlotte Zona (en línea, en español)
- Invitamos a los futuros padres a atender una clase gratuita sobre el termino de un embarazo y el parto. Aprenda un poco sobre el proceso del parto, y que esperar en el departamento de parto y alumbramiento, y cuáles son sus opciones. Este es un evento sin costo.
Cuidado de su recién nacido - Triad/Charlotte Zona (en línea, en español)
- En esta clase gratuita, aprenderá lo básico sobre el cuido de su recién nacido. Como bañarlo, cambiarlo, el ambiente de sueño seguro, los beneficios del amamantamiento, y mucho más. Este es un evento sin costo.