Urgent care locations offer extended hours for diagnosing and treating medical conditions that could worsen without proper care, including broken bones. An urgent care visit is often quicker and more affordable than a visit to an emergency room, but call 911 for a life-threatening illness or injury. Other services include wellness screenings and diagnostic testing.
Types of care included
In addition to providing care for non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries, our medical teams may also provide:
- School, camp or sports physicals
- Treatment of sprains and fractures
- Pre-employment exams
- Immunization and flu shots
- Workers’ compensation care
- Fitness for duty evaluations
- Urine, drug or blood-alcohol testing
- Occupational therapy assistance
- Travel medicine, including consultation and vaccines
- Post-menopausal osteoporosis treatments
- Customized specialty occupational medicine services
- Infusion therapy for intravenous fluids and medication
On-site X-ray and lab tests are available. If you need additional tests, your provider can arrange for other lab and imaging services at a location that is convenient for you.
Our board-certified family medicine and emergency medicine doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners can provide the range of basic medical services you and your family need. Visit an urgent care when you want the convenience of a walk-in clinic and the expert care Novant Health is known for.
Find an urgent care location »