Short-term to chronic sleep disruption
If you experience difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep or enjoying a restful night's sleep, you may be suffering from insomnia. Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because you experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up frequently during the night with difficulty returning to sleep
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Anxiety and frustration about sleep
- Daytime fatigue or low energy
Learn more about the SHUTi™ online insomnia treatment program »
Insomnia is one of the most common sleep problems, with nearly one in 10 adults suffering from it. Our team of board-certified sleep doctors have extensive experience diagnosing and treating insomnia and are ready to help you get a good night’s sleep.
Insomnia has three different classifications:
- Transient - Short term, lasting from a single night to a few weeks
- Intermittent - On and off, episodes occur from time to time
- Chronic – Constant, occurs on most nights and lasts a month or more
SHUTi™ online insomnia treatment program
SHUTi™, or Sleep Healthy Using the Internet™, is an interactive, online program for adults with insomnia. This is a tailored program for users to track their individual sleep patterns and issues in sleep diaries, which are then used to give personalized advice and even specific bedtimes. SHUTi™ helps people with insomnia identify and change thoughts or behaviors that influence sleep patterns through engaging stories, quizzes and activities using a technique called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
This internet software can be a great alternative to sleeping medication, as it helps patients learn better sleep habits and overcome the underlying cause of their sleep problems.
Sign up for a SHUTi™ subscription: