Make joint pain and sports-related injuries a thing of the past
Few things are worse than a “bad” knee. It affects almost everything you do – standing, walking and exercising. The more active you are, the more frustrating it is because you probably feel a jolt of pain or discomfort each time you move. And a painful or “frozen” shoulder is also upsetting, as is the tingling or numbness in your wrist or hand from carpal tunnel syndrome.
If you suffer from debilitating conditions of the joints, muscles, bones, tendons or cartilage, you can expect to receive outstanding care from the orthopedic and sports medicine teams at Novant Health.
Our specialized teams provide comprehensive orthopedic treatments and services to help you regain your strength and flexibility so you can live life at your best. If you need a hip replacement or have a sports-related injury, we’re here to help you get better with a broad array of diagnostic tools and treatment options, from primary care to orthopedic surgery to physical therapy
Our team of orthopedic and sports medicine specialists are trained in musculoskeletal medicine. They will:
- Make an accurate, confident diagnosis using the latest examination tools
- Explain and discuss all surgical and nonsurgical treatment options
- Manage your pain throughout your treatment and recovery
- Design the best rehabilitation program to meet your individual needs.
Our orthopedic specialists are here to support all your surgical needs when surgery is your best option. However, when your injury does not require surgery, our sports medicine physicians are ready to help you get back in the game as soon as possible by using:
- Game-specific sports conditioning to help prepare your muscles to play
- Gait and motion analysis to fine-tune body mechanics
- Concussion testing to evaluate your injury and help you avoid more serious problems later
- Referrals to our orthopedic surgeons and rehabilitation specialists when nonsurgical treatment is not enough.