3T MRI is a powerful tool in the diagnosis of prostate cancer
Our advanced technology allows us to take detailed images of the prostate without the need for an endorectal coil. This improves the patient experience while also increasing the accuracy of the diagnosis and resulting treatment plan.
3T prostate MRI can be used for:
- Evaluation of men with rising PSA and negative biopsy to evaluate for missed tumor and guide repeat biopsy attempts
- Evaluation of men treated for prostate cancer with a rising PSA and a negative biopsy to evaluate for locally recurrent tumor and guide repeat biopsy attempts
- Evaluation of men treated for prostate cancer with a rising PSA to guide first biopsy
- Evaluation of men with rising PSA to guide a first biopsy
- Presurgical or preradiation therapy planning
Some of our facilities offer prostate MRI fusion biopsy, also known as UroNav. Performed in an outpatient clinic, this technology fuses the MRI images with the ultrasound to provide direct targeting for the biopsy.
Talk to your urologist to see if you’re a candidate for prostate MRI or fusion biopsy.