A heart attack is a medical emergency
At Novant Health, we’re dedicated to providing life-saving heart attack care, when and where you need it. Our nationally recognized chest pain centers and highly skilled, specially trained physicians and staff can quickly pinpoint your condition and use the latest treatment methods to provide you with the best possible outcome and the shortest possible recovery time. Don't ignore symptoms or warning signs of a possible heart attack!
If you are experiencing warning signs of a heart attack, call:
Heart attack warning signs
You can help ensure your safety and the safety of your family and friends by knowing the warning signs of a heart attack. These may include:
- Uncomfortable pressure, fullness, squeezing or pain in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes or goes away and comes back
- Pain that spreads to the shoulders, neck or arms
- Chest discomfort with light-headedness, fainting, sweating, nausea or shortness of breath
Less common heart attack warning signs:
- Atypical chest pain, stomach or abdominal pain
- Nausea or dizziness (without chest pain)
- Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing (without chest pain)
- Unexplained anxiety, weakness or fatigue
- Palpitations, cold sweat or paleness
If you feel like you are at risk of having a heart attack, learn ways to keep your heart healthy and strong by contacting a Novant Health provider today.