A place for you and your family to share your story
Meeting and talking with other cancer survivors can be a powerful part of your cancer journey. We offer a variety of support groups in a unique, caring environment where survivors and caregivers can share their experiences. Groups are facilitated by a licensed clinical social worker who has special training in oncology. Individual and family counseling sessions are available if you prefer more private support.
Most groups are open to family and friends. Our staff works to provide comprehensive cancer support by collaborating with organizations across the Charlotte region.
Our cancer support groups
Following are a few of the cancer support groups we offer. Groups can very by location. Check with a Novant Health team member for information about programs available in your area.
- Individual and family counseling
- Bereavement support groups
- Breast cancer support groups
- Colorectal cancer support groups
- Drumming group
- Mind/body techniques to enhance healing
- Prostate cancer support groups
- Thyroid cancer support groups
- Triple negative breast cancer support group
- Living through cancer
Support groups are offered free and available to anyone, regardless of hospital affiliation.