Research helps pave the way for tomorrow’s cancer treatments
Cancer clinical trials and research programs from yesterday helped bring us the treatments and cures of today. When you or a loved one is faced with a cancer diagnosis, you want access to the latest cancer trials, treatments and medicines.
Because we participate in a number of national and international clinical research studies, you may have an opportunity to receive a cancer treatment that is being tested. Novant Health Clinical Research centers provide expanded access to clinical trials that advance cures while helping you stay close to home.
Benefits of participating in clinical trials
Today, hundreds of cancer patients are involved in clinical trials. Participating in a clinical trial is a very personal decision. We encourage you to speak with your healthcare team and loved ones before making a decision about participation. Some of the leading benefits are:
- Healthcare is provided by leading physicians in the field of cancer research.
- Access to new drugs and interventions before they are widely available.
- Close monitoring of your healthcare and any side effects.
- An opportunity to be the first to benefit from successful trials.
- An opportunity to make a valuable contribution to cancer research.
Current clinical trials
We have clinical trials currently underway involving hundreds of patients. Talk with your doctor to determine whether a clinical trial could be right for you, or contact our Novant Oncology Research Institute to learn more about current opportunities.
To learn more about our current clinical research trials: