Emotional and spiritual support
There may be times during your diagnosis, treatment or recovery when you feel the need for deeper spiritual and emotional support. Leaning on your faith during treatment is powerful and positive for your mind, body and soul. This can help lessen fear of death, discomfort and loneliness.
We have a chaplain available 24 hours a day to provide you and your family members with emotional support, regardless of your religious or spiritual affiliation.
Spiritual care services include:
- Individual and group prayer
- Counseling by a faith representative of your choice
- Weekly worship services at some locations
- Spiritual comfort and support
- Assistance with development of advanced directives and/or living wills
- Family consultations
- Grief and bereavement counseling and referral
- Support with end-of-life issues and decisions
- Communication and follow-up with your local pastor and church
- Telephone consultations with your family members
To request spiritual support, contact the Novant Health Cancer Center nearest you.