Welcome residents and visitors
Here is useful information related to Caton Merchant House for our current residents, their families, or visitors.
Visitors are welcome at any time. The front door is locked from 9 p.m. until 7 a.m. If you plan to be out longer than 9 p.m. or are expecting late visitors, please advise someone at the first floor Nursing Station. If someone visits you unexpectedly between the hours of 9 p.m. and 7 a.m., there is an intercom located on the right side of the foyer. A Nursing Assistant will be able to let your visitor in after hours if the intercom is used. Also, if you frequently have guests who stay late or come in late, please inform the Admissions Director so your family can be issued an access key fob. The fob will enable them access to one door at any time (one fob with access to one door will be given per family). You can also call 703-335-8409 if you need access to the building after the door is locked.
Sign in, sign out
If you are leaving the building for any reason (other than outings with the facility), please sign out at the podium by the front door and sign in when you return. All visitors are requested to sign in and out when they enter and leave the building so the staff knows who is in the building in the event of an emergency.
|Caton Merchant House Staff Contact Information
| Name, Title, Email
| Mandy Dickinson – Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org
| Brenda McKendry – Director of Nursing email@example.com
|LPN Charge Nurse
|Overlook Nursing Station
|Gardens Nursing Station
|Fountains and Parkview Nursing Station
|Paul Polansky – Director of Dining Services (Morrison Senior Living) PaulPolansky@iammorrison.com
|Lara McDonell - Resident Services firstname.lastname@example.org
|Grace Martinez - Activities email@example.com
|Receptionist at Front Desk
|Frankie Herndon - Director of Physical Plant and Safety firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a committee!
So that we can provide you with remarkable care, we created committees to gather input from our current residents and family members. We invite you to join any of the following committees:
- Wellness committee - To promote well-being as a sustainable value in our community by encouraging habits of wellness, increasing awareness of factors and resources contributing to well-being, and inspiring individuals to take responsibility for their own health.
- Safety committee - To establish practices that recognize and protect our residents and staff from hazards and to minimize frequency and severity of injuries.
- Quality of community life committee - To enhance each resident’s dining experiences and social opportunities by providing opportunities for planning and decision making.
- Welcoming committee - To ensure each resident has the opportunity to be welcomed into the Novant Health Caton Merchant House community, be integrated into community life and encouraged to function at their highest potential.
- Resident council - Open forum that meets monthly to gain facility information, voice grievances, and problem solve.
- Family council - Although family members are encouraged to attend any committee or council, this open forum that meets quarterly provides an opportunity for family members to provide a voice for their loved one who may not be able to ask questions or voice grievances.
For our monthly newsletter and information on upcoming events, please click on the links below: