Support for the spiritual needs of you and your family
We believe that healing can take many forms so, to support the spiritual needs of you and your family, our chaplains are available to help patients and their families – of all faiths – answer questions and concerns that may arise during hospitalization.
Research shows a connection between spirituality and good health and for you this may mean an increased sense of well-being, less fear, less discomfort and decreased loneliness.
We offer the following to you and your families:
- Individual and group prayer
- Pastoral comfort and support for any faith
- Rituals as requested by you or family (baptism, communion, etc.)
- Communication and follow-up with your local clergy and/or faith community
- Counseling by a faith representative of your choice
- Weekly worship services for those patients whose circumstances and conditions permit leaving their hospital units
- Conversations regarding end-of-life concerns
We provide ministry to those who don’t have a pastor of their own and we support the ministry that local congregations provide to those who are sick. Our staff chaplains and a host of volunteer chaplains provide pastoral support.
Volunteer chaplains further extend the hospital’s ministry of spiritual support by providing trained and qualified men and women to serve alongside our staff chaplains. This ministry provides a caring and supportive presence to those who are facing illness, crisis, end-of-life, and other life-changing circumstances.
Volunteer chaplains serve in a variety of ways – making visits and rounds to nursing units during daytime hours or being available as an on-call chaplain for needs and crises that may arise during the evening hours or the weekend.
If you are interested and would like more information about volunteer opportunities, we’d love to have you join us. Please contact a member of the chaplaincy staff at a Novant Health hospital near you.
If you still have questions or concerns about the chaplaincy services and pastoral care at Novant Health, call our convenient location closest to you.