16 6-inch corn tortillas, each cut into 6 wedges
1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp salt, divided use
1/2 15.5-oz. can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed, drained
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, finely chopped
1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 medium rib of celery, finely chopped
2-3 Tbs snipped, fresh cilantro
2 Tbs fresh lime juice
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 medium avocados, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. On a large baking sheet, arrange half the tortilla wedges in a single layer.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
4. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl.
6. Repeat with the remaining tortilla wedges and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.
7. Meanwhile, in a medium serving bowl, stir together the beans, cucumber, bell pepper, celery, cilantro, lime juice, the final 1/4 teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes.
8. Using a rubber scraper, gently fold in the avocados.
9. Serve with the tortilla wedges.
1/4 c salsa and 6 chips
Amount per serving:
- Calories 108
- Total Fat 4.5g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Trans Fat 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 88mg
- Carbohydrates 16g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 3g