Novant Health recognized for commitment to safety and quality by The Leapfrog Group
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – On Dec. 14, The Leapfrog Group, a national nonprofit that evaluates the safety, quality and patient experience provided by hospitals across the country, released its fall 2020 Hospital Safety Grades. Novant Health is proud of its longstanding commitment to earning top safety and quality scores.
The Leapfrog Group has recognized Novant Health’s commitment to safety and quality by assigning its acute care facilities 11 A’s and one B. The scores are as follows:
“A” letter grade
· Novant Health Brunswick Medical Center
· Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center
· Novant Health Huntersville Medical Center
· Novant Health Matthews Medical Center
· Novant Health Medical Park Hospital
· Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center
· Novant Health Rowan Medical Center
· Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center
· Novant Health UVA Health System Culpeper Medical Center
· Novant Health UVA Health System Haymarket Medical Center
· Novant Health UVA Health System Prince William Medical Center
“B” letter grade
· Novant Health Kernersville Medical Center
“I’m proud to say this newly released data reflects our continued dedication to reduce our hospital-associated infection rates to historic lows,” said Dr. Eric Eskioglu, executive vice president and chief medical officer, Novant Health. “As a team, our physicians, nurses, advanced practice clinicians, pharmacists and clinical team members strive to have the ability to model and predict hospital-associated infections before they even happen and develop best, safe practices to improve patient safety, quality and satisfaction.”
Letter grades from A to F are assigned to U.S. hospitals based on their ability to prevent errors, injuries, accidents and infections, and improve patient satisfaction.
“Combining our deep culture and commitment to patient safety and quality with data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence, we are creating a robust ecosystem that will help us reach our goal of zero hospital acquired infections and serious safety events,” Eskioglu said. “It is nice to see our efforts recognized by The Leapfrog Group as one of the safest healthcare systems in the United States. Our journey will continue with meticulous attention to detail and execution for each and every one of our patients.”
To learn more about Novant Health’s safety and quality initiatives, visit NovantHealth.org/SafestCare.